Mixer taps have become an important kitchen essential since it provides cold and hot water whenever you need them.
Installing a mixer tap can be challenging if you try to attempt it yourself. Hence, hiring a professional to install a mixer tap in Sydney is recommended. At Service First Plumbing, we provide all types of plumbing services and repairs. Plus, we provide regular maintenance for different plumbing essentials.
With years of experience with different types of mixer taps in Sydney, you can be sure we will provide you with an unmatched solution. Call us today to find out more!
How Do We Install Mixer Tap
When it comes to a mixer tap, we follow four simple steps to install it. In this section, we will explain the entire process that we follow to install your new mixer tap:
1. Shut Off Main Water Supply
Before starting any plumbing work, we first turn off the main water supply since it makes the installation process easier and less messy. In addition, this prevents water from getting wasted.
2. Remove Old Taps
If you plan to install the mixer tap in a preexisting tap fixture location, you must remove the old tap to fit the new one. We disable the old tap and remove the decorative rosettes and S-couplings.
We recommend storing the spare tap parts properly since they can be used in an emergency.
3. Install The New Tap
- We begin this process by first checking the centre distance between the hot and cold pipe to ensure that it has the perfect measurement of 15 cm.
- Once this is done, we wrap threads of S-coupling and layers of Teflon tape around the two pipes to hold them together.
- Moving on, we screw the S-couplings onto the wall plate and use a spirit level to measure the positioning of the tap.
- Lastly, we attach the decorative rosettes and connecting nuts to secure the tap to the basin.
4. Check For Any Leakage Or Damage
After we have installed the mixer tap, we open the main water supply and check the plumbing system for any leakages or issues. Pipes that show signs of leakage are immediately replaced with new ones. We also provide periodic maintenance services for all our plumbing installations.